Congratulations on your upcoming wedding!
At Stewart Memorial United Church, we want your wedding to be special and uniquely yours. Here are steps we will take together to help make that happen.
About Stewart Memorial
The building is over 100 years old. It houses a simple, well maintained sanctuary, as well as a small additional meeting room. The sanctuary is finished almost completely in wood, and contains beautiful, modern stained glass windows. Situated on Dwight Beach Road, it is surrounded by large old evergreens, and opens out on the beautiful Lake of Bays. The sanctuary will seat approximately 75 people.
Confirming Your Wedding
- Confirm with the minister the location, date and time of the wedding.
- The minister will confirm that the date and time are available.
- A suitable time for a rehearsal will be arranged later.
- The minister will arrange to meet with you and your partner several times before the wedding day.
- Contact the music director, Charmian McCullough, if you plan to have music at your wedding.
- If you will be using an alternate musician, please consult with the minister early in the planning.
- If you decide to use a soloist in the wedding service, we recommend that you select a soloist who has had experience singing or playing in a church setting.
- Please ask your photographer to speak with the minister before the service.
- Using proper stands and hangers is appropriate.
- Confetti: is very difficult to clean up. Please ensure guests refrain from throwing it in or around the church.
Alcoholic beverages are prohibited on the church property.
Parking is only available on the road. You may wish to arrange for a parking supervisor who will help your guests with parking.
Barbecues are prohibited on church property.
By law, no marriage shall be performed where anyone in the wedding party is under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
If you would like the minister and guest to attend your wedding reception, please send an invitation in advance.
The Cost of Your Wedding:
$600.00 at Stewart Memorial, at another location $300.00.
A deposit of $100 is due when you confirm you date. The remainder is due no less than two weeks prior to the wedding date.
Payable to: Stewart Memorial United Church, c/o Ina Fuller
164 Earl’s Road, Huntsville, ON P1H 1C7
Have Questions? Contact us about getting married at Stewart Memorial United Church.