Congratulations on your upcoming wedding!
At Knox United Church, we want your wedding to be special and uniquely yours. Here are steps we will take together to help make that happen.
About Knox United
The Knox United Church building is over 100 years old. It houses a simple, well-maintained sanctuary, as well as an additional meeting room and small kitchen. The sanctuary is finished almost completely in wood, and contains antique windows that look out on the beauty of the natural surroundings. The sanctuary will seat a maximum of approximately 75 people.
Confirming Your Wedding
- Confirm with the minister the location, date and time of the wedding.
- The minister will confirm that the date and time are available.
- A suitable time for a rehearsal will be arranged later.
- The minister will arrange to meet with you several times before the wedding day.
- It is your responsibility to find a musician for your wedding. Please consult with the minister about your choice.
- If you decide to use a soloist in the wedding service, we recommend that you select a soloist who has had experience singing or playing in a church setting.
- Please ask your photographer to speak with the minister before the service.
- Using proper stands and hangers is appropriate.
- Confetti: is very difficult to clean up. Please ensure guests refrain from throwing it in or around the church.
Alcoholic beverages are prohibited on the church property.
Parking is only available on the road. You may wish to arrange for a parking supervisor who will help your guests with parking.
By law, no marriage shall be performed where anyone in the wedding party is under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
If you would like the minister and guest to attend your wedding reception, please send an invitation in advance.
The Cost of Your Wedding:
$200.00 for identifiable givers, $400.00 for all others, at a location other than Knox$300.00.
A deposit of half of the total amount is due when you confirm you date. The remainder is due no less than two weeks prior to the wedding date.
Payable to: Knox United Church, c/o Treasurer of Knox,
Box 196, Dwight, ON P0A 1H0
Have Questions? Contact us about getting married at Knox United Church.